Wednesday

I love to enjoy the local yummies when I travel. That way I can learn new flavors and make even yummier snackage for my family and cowpals when I get home. In Hong Kong my favorite snackage is Taiwanese Soup Dumplings. We always go to Din Tai Fung. This year I wore my new ballerina dress and my pink purse. People were smiling at me during our meal; I know it's because I looked moovelous. We enjoyed lots of tasty treats such as Hot & Sour Soup, Chili Cucumbers and, of course, soup dumplings. The soup is very hot inside the dumpling so you have to be really careful not to burn your snout. This trip we tried Spicy Shrimp & Pork Wontons that were simply mooelous and Spicy Peanut Noodles. We were adventurous and tried "Hairy Fisted Bean Curd with Crab Roe". It wasn't my cup of tea but I was happy to try something new. I won't lie -- saying 'hairy fisted' made me giggle!!!
 

No comments: